Thursday, April 14, 2011

Homemade Lemon Curd April 14, 2011

I just love this stuff, and hubby really loves it. I make the homemade goodness, (I just love the pretty pale yellow color) it's so tangy and sweet all at the same time. Very simple to make. I am giving you the recipe today. Sometimes I will tie a tag on and give it to a friend or shut-in that needs a little lift in everyday life. It always brings a smile. I have severed it here with buttermilk biscuits and devonshire cream.

You can serve this so many ways...biscuits, scones, ice cream topping, in triffles, parfaits, muffins, rolls, waffles, pancakesand furit. The list goes on and on. Let your imagination run wide. Now for the recipe... I got this recipe in the 1997 Taste of Home Country Cooking Recipe Collection magazine on page 61. Zesty Lemon Curd 3 eggs, beaten 2 cups sugar 1/2 pound butter, cut into tablespoon-size pieces 3/4 cup fresh lemon juice (this has to be fresh squeezed lemon juice) Grated peel of 1 lemon In the top of a double boiler, combine all ingredients. Cook and stir over boiling water until thickened like pudding. Remove from heat and cool. *Chill until ready to serve. Keeps well in the refrigerator up to 2 weeks. Yield: 3 cups. *My note: I pour this in the containers or jars I am going to store the lemon curd in before I chill it, because after you chill it, it thickens a little more and is difficult to get into jars. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment